Re: Emacs news/mail client

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Emacs news/mail client
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 22:51:16 +0100

>>>>> "Samuel" == Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

    Samuel> Do many non-Japanese use wanderlust?

I use "the other" Japanese eMail client: Mew (http://www.mew.org/).

My opinion:

Love it because of its good IMAP and gpg/mailcrypt support and
robustness. Started my annual sorting of mail. 14000 in one go on a slow
machine. Mew worked all night without failing.

I use GNUS for News but prefer Mew for eMail because it comes with sensible
defaults. You can customise a lot, but you don't have to---which to my taste
you must with GNUS. Good manual.

Emacs includes mh-e, tried it when looking for a new client. I decided to use
Mew but I don't remember what I disliked about mh-e. Happy with it since 99 or
so.

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at