Re: switch-to-EXISTING-buffer

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: switch-to-EXISTING-buffer
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:38:13 -0600

Ivan wrote:
On 7 Jan, 11:29, "Xavier" <xav...@no.spam> wrote:
Le Mercredi 07 janvier 2009 à 10:33, Ivan <ivann...@gmail.com> a écrit :

switch-to-buffer will on a unknown buffer create a new buffer. But for
my use I usually want an existing buffer. It would save me time and
frustration to make a simple enter try to autocomplete the rest of the
buffer name.
Does such a functionality exist?
Wouldn't ido-mode be what you are looking for ?
--
Xavier

The ido-mode is exactly what I am looking for, thank you very much!

Running Custom on iswitchb put this in my .emacs:

 '(iswitchb-mode t nil (iswitchb))

This may be even closer to what you want if you find that ido-mode has other side effects. Iswitchb-mode changes the behavior of C-x b so that a list of all buffers (or a customized subset) appears in the minibuffer. Keystokes incrementally move buffer names to the head of the list so that you need only to start typing the buffer name and then press Return when the desired buffer heads the list; no need even to reach for the Tab key.

Ed