Re: Dismissing a completion buffer?

From: WalterGR
Subject: Re: Dismissing a completion buffer?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:03:45 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 12, 3:09 pm, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 12.01.2009 um 19:13 schrieb WalterGR:
>
> > When a completion buffer pops up, e.g. M-x o, enter something, hit
> > tab... how do I dismiss that buffer?
>
> Pick an item, or add something to the incomplete string, or press SPC.

Clarification: I want to dismiss it without choosing anything.  And
this is GNU Emacs 22.2.1 ("2008-09-05 on vernadsky, modified by
Ubuntu").

For the file open completion list, neither adding something to the
string nor pressing SPC dismiss it.  Is there another way to do it?

For the symbol completion list (at least when using SLIME for Lisp,)
adding something to the string doesn't dismiss it, but SPC does.  Is
there a way to make all completion lists dismiss in the same way?

Thanks,

Walter