Re: C-delete in Emacs 23.1

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: C-delete in Emacs 23.1
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:10:41 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, neither helped. But I was able to track down the
problem ;-) It turns out that the problem only reveals itself in
emacsclient. I filed a bug report (http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/
cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1960).

Just for the record, that's what C-h k C-backspace outputs on my
system:

emacs 22.2 -Q, emacs 22.2:

<C-backspace> runs the command backward-kill-word
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.
It is bound to <C-backspace>, M-DEL.
(backward-kill-word arg)

Kill characters backward until encountering the beginning of a word.
With argument, do this that many times.

emacs 23.1 -Q, emacs 23.1:

<C-backspace> runs the command backward-kill-word, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function.

It is bound to <C-backspace>, M-DEL.

(backward-kill-word arg)

Kill characters backward until encountering the beginning of a word.
With argument arg, do this that many times.

emacs 23.1 --daemon  +  emacsclient -c:

<C-backspace> runs the command kill-visual-line, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function.

It is bound to <deleteline>, <C-backspace>, C-k.

(kill-visual-line &optional arg)

Kill the rest of the visual line.
If there are only whitespace characters there, kill through the
newline as well.

Good luck,
Andrey