Ido [Too big] message

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Ido [Too big] message
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:45:09 -0800

What's the ido message [Too big] all about?
I get it every time I hit C-x C-f and the folder is ~/
There's nothing particularly large in this folder: no long file names,
not a huge list of files, and so on. It's mostly a few directories.
I do not get this message anywhere else.
This is what it looks like in the minibuffer:

Find file: ~/ [Too big]

What's the message intended to convey?

Ross

--