Re: Shell aliases as shell-commands

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Shell aliases as shell-commands
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:49:27 +0100

Am 21.01.2009 um 16:26 schrieb Sebastian Tennant:

  * In your emacs config (.emacs): (setenv "BASH_ENV" "~/.bashrc")
    This tells emacs that non-interactive bash subprocesses should
    load .bashrc.

Damn that's a good tip.  Guess I should tell the folks over at
emacs.sources...

Not that fast, Sebastian! The solution with BASH_ENV will introduce problems with non-interactive bash shell scripts! The solution I suggested is valid only inside GNU Emacs; this is the proper way.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
        The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
        than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
        bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.