Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:13:15 -0800 (PST)

On 23 янв, 14:59, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: "cmr.P...@gmail.com" <cmr.P...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:12:28 -0800 (PST)
>
> > > Can you tell what scripts are supported by your PostScript printer?
>
> > I'm not sure what do you mean by "scripts"?
>
> A "script" is the way a language is represented in writing, or a
> system of characters used to write on or more languages.  Example of
> scripts include: Cyrillic, Devanagari, Ethiopic, Greek, Han, Hangul,
> Hebrew, and IPA.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think the answer can be found in
the very first message in this thread. I can print symbols from *any*
script found in Emacs 'Hello' buffer via GEdit (I have Unifont
installed). Thus, my printer supports *any* script.

Here are some facts that may be relevant to your question:

1) My HP LaserJet 1018 printer uses foo2zjs driver (http://
foo2zjs.rkkda.com/). This driver utilizes Ghostscript to perform all
of the image processing.

2) Ghostscript can use the character rasterizer provided by the
underlying operating system and window system; specifically, Adobe
Type Manager (ATM) or a TrueType rasterizer under MS Windows, or the
facilities provided by X Windows. (excerpt from the Ghostscript
manual)

Looking forward to your reply,
Andrey