emacsclient starting with xbindkeys

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: emacsclient starting with xbindkeys
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:09:20 -0600

Trying to get onto how to use emacsclient handily.

I've run into a couple of problems.

  and connect to them using keyboard bindings by way of xbindkeys which
  is a small package that allows you to set keyboard combos to start
  things or issue commands inside an X session.

    For example:

   "xterm -bg black -fg papayawhip"
       control+shift + t

  (in ~/.xbinkeysrc)

  Allows me to start an xterm with `C-Shift-t'  while in an xsesssion
  (with xbindkeys also running, of course)

  Anyone know how to start an emacsclient in that manner?

Details:
  I've started the server with `emacs --daemon=name'

  But something like:

   "emacsclient -s name -c"
       control+shift + e

  Doesn't work although:

          emacsclient -s name -c

  works as expected when called from a running xterm.

  I've tried both of these notations as well... but didn't work

    "emacsclient -s name -c &"
       control+shift + e

    "emacsclient -s name -c -d :0"
       control+shift + e

  Starting the emacsclient from an xterm with or without the `&'
  operator provides normal connection to the daemon, but then I have to
  have an xterm running to support the emacsclient frame.

  Not a huge deal but I'd rather be able to start the emacsclient from
  an xbindkeys command.