Re: emacs 23.0.60

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Re: emacs 23.0.60
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:09:17 -0600

Chetan <Chetan.xspam@xspam.sbcglobal.net> writes:
> Have you been building from CVS?  It seems to be broken for some
> time.  I am building on W32.  Can anyone confirm it builds and works
> reasonably?   I seem some things that are clearly broken in code, but
> don't see any changes in log.

I have been building directly from CVS and also using the emacs-snapshot
Debian packages from http://emacs.orebokech.com/, and usually dont' have
problems.  I have never built on Windows, however.

If you are having build problems, I suggest bringing them up on the
emacs-devel list (gmane.emacs.devel on Gmane).  Trying with a fresh
checkout and possibly `make boostrap' could be useful in finding the
problem.  There were some changes to the build process some time ago
which are supposed to reduce the need for `make bootstrap'; check the
INSTALL.CVS file for some info.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.