Adding Additional Trees to the Load Path

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Adding Additional Trees to the Load Path
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:07:47 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I have a directory `.emacs.d` in my home directory where I put lisp
libraries for extensions to Emacs.  Currently, I have to explicitly
include each of the extensions in my `.emacs` file in order to get
them to work.  I tried adding `.emacs.d` to my load-path via the
following:

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d"))

But that had no effect.  I would like behaviour similar to site-lisp
where all of the trees under site-lisp are automitacally added.  Any
way I can do this?

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,