Re: avoid interpretation of \n, \t, ... in string

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: avoid interpretation of \n, \t, ... in string
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:16:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On Jan 28, 8:52 am, Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where do these strings come from?

You see the key! I would like to have my "elisp script" usable by
people knowing nothing about Emacs. That is why I would like to avoid
the evident solution: work as if paths are always in correct elisp
form (i.e., in the example above: "c:\\directory-1\\new-dir\\temp").

While I type the paths myself I can put the extra backslashes of
course. However, it would be nice to have this functionality
automated.

At first step the paths would come from .el files, e.g. one elisp
function would get a list of paths, so when you call it you should
pass something like `(list "c:\\directory-1\\new-dir\\temp")'. Later
they might come from external .txt files...

Thanks,