font-lock issue with cpp syntax highlighting

From: Rob Hutten
Subject: font-lock issue with cpp syntax highlighting
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:58:17 -0400

Hi,

Apologies if this is a newbie question.  A few of us here have combed list archives and the next in general but cannot find an answer to our question.

We have two development environments in which our coder uses emacs:

Old:  emacs-21.3.1 on RHEL4

New: emacs-21.4.1 on CentOS 5.2

Both environments share the same cpp.elc and jackknife environment files.  Yet the syntax highlighting for C++ code seems to be using different parsing rules; we understand how to map colours to certain syntactical elements, but we're in the dark as to exactly how the C++-specific syntactical elements (i.e. constants, types, namespaces, etc.) are defined.

If some kind soul could help shed a little light here, we'd be very grateful.

-Rob

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of, or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon, this communication or the information in it is prohibited and maybe unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.