Re: How to describe something in Lisp?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: How to describe something in Lisp?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:54:02 +0100

Johan Andersson <johan.rejeep@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Johan,

> All of your examples will work fine in my case. But is it "accepted"
> by Emacs users to code a mode using these structures?

`defstruct' is part of GNU Emacs (dunno XEmacs) in its cl library
(Common Lisp features library), so you can expect that users have it.
Code which should be included in stock emacs must not require those
features, though.

EIEIO currently is an external addon, so users would need to install it
before using your mode.

A simple plist approach like the one I've posted doesn't require
anything, but maybe the other structures are a bit more convenient.

So it's your choice to make. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo