C-x-f TAB TAB (*Completions*) - how can i customize the layout?

From: rdanner
Subject: C-x-f TAB TAB (*Completions*) - how can i customize the layout?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 07:39:09 -0800 (PST)

Sorry for the re-post;  I've deleted the original so that I could post in the
correct forum.

In emacs23, the *Completions* frame is either vertical or horizontal
depending on the size of the emacs window (emacs decides which).  Is there a
way I can force one or the other?  I prefer the pre-23 behavior and am
hoping to get it back.

Thanks!