Re: c++ mode chooses "cc" as linker and cause error

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: c++ mode chooses "cc" as linker and cause error
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:07:48 +0100

Am 08.02.2009 um 11:49 schrieb Michael Chen:

on my machine, "M-x compile" choose "make -k", which in turn choose "g++" and "cc" for my cpp file. How can I ask emacs to pick "g++" as linker as well. Note that for some files, I just don't want to write a makefile for
it, and expect default make -k to work properly. thanks.

Make works only with a make-file. If you don't have and don't want to use a makefile, then simply substitute the text "make -k" with "g+ + ...".

--
Greetings

  Pete

America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.
                                – Evan Esar