Re: newbie - from UK

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: newbie - from UK
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:35:19 -0500

I'll add my welcome to the bunch. :)

I'd also really recommend doing `C-h t` a few times.  Also, a
tremendous 'taste of what emacs can do' would be [Yegge's little
article](http://steve.yegge.googlepages.com/effective-emacs).  I had
gotten into emacs back when I was learning unix and that article's
what brought me back on board.

Also, for pretty regular tips I'd subscribe to
[emacs-fu](http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/).  He keeps the tips coming
and they're often quite useful.

--

In Christ,