Re: Setting the global default font size.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Setting the global default font size.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:12:02 +0100

Am 12.02.2009 um 19:49 schrieb Geralt:

I can find the inconsolata font using fc-cat or fc-list but I can't
find it in xfontsel

So you obviously need to install it on your system!

But how? I can select it for example in Opera, or in XFCE's settings dialog.

The X11 server needs the files created by (sudo) mkfontscale and (sudo) mkfontdir. X11 looks into the directories of font path (xset q). The command 'xset fp rehash' updates server font information. Xfontsel or xlsfonts are clients of the X11 server-side fonts sub- system.

When you're user of the client-side fonts sub-system (fontconfig) fc- cache, which accepts -v, is your friend. This programme follows a setup given by configuration files like fonts.conf.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
                                - Donald Knuth