backwards-kill-word in ansi-term and C-f2

From: cvd
Subject: backwards-kill-word in ansi-term and C-f2
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:46:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've noticed a couple of issues with CVS Emacs on OS 10.5.6:

1.  In ansi-term, if I use backward-kill word to remove part of a path
at the prompt, and then type where those words were and hit Enter, the
text that was killed was only killed "visually", but is still there,
causing the command to fail.  This doesn't happen in Emacs 22.

Example:
~$ ls /foo/bar/baz/
M-d (which kills "baz/")
~$ ls /foo/bar/same
Enter
ls: /foo/bar/baz/same: No such file or directory

2.  On the Mac, you can type C-f2 to get to the menu bar, and then
move around in the menu with the cursor keys.
With CVS Emacs when typing C-f2, I get "<C-f2> is undefined" in the
mini buffer.  This works in Emacs 22.

Has anyone else experienced this (or, can confirm)?

Thanks,
Chris.