Re: Anything setup

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Anything setup
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:44:31 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Xavier!
>
> Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am willing to test anything (again) but since my last try,
>> things have really exploded (which is really nice). Now readding
>> through EmacsWiki pages did not help, really. It is a huge mess
>> and it is particulary hard to find anything usefull to get
>> started.
>>
>> Currently I downloaded both anything.el (dunno if it is the
>> latest though) and anything-config.el (ditto).
> Thats a good start, then you should go to AnythingSources on emacswiki
> and pick some nice sources. Try them one by one, it will be easier to
> debug.
> Have a look at differents anything-config files you will find on
> emacswiki and set up your own anything-config with these files.
> Here the extensions i use: (you can find all of them on emacswiki)
>
> anything-complete.el
> anything-dabbrev-expand.el
> anything-match-plugin.el
> anything-delicious.el
> anything-mercurial.el
> anything-traverse.el (if you don't use traverselisp.el have a look at
> anything-grep.el)
>
>> Is there some sort of an anything-distribution where all valid
>> anything-source would have been "centralized" and tagged as
>> "working" and "reliable".
> No (AFAIK).

Some of them could do with some descriptive text - its hard to know what
some of them do. A page of FSF disclaimers but no documentation for the
functions they perform.

Andy Stewart has his config available too which can help get you going:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/anything-extension.el

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation