Re: Anything setup

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Anything setup
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:25:02 +0100

Hi Thierry,

   >    Have a look at differents anything-config files you will find on
   >    emacswiki and set up your own anything-config with these
   >    files.
   >
   > I did but it is really useless and all anything-config files I
   > read and/or I tried, all failed :/

   Yes thats normal because there is some "require" of other libraries in
   these config files.If you have not these lisp files in your load-path,
   it will fail.However, you can just to comment out the sources unneeded
   in the Sources section (easy to reach if you use eev-mode ==> M-e from

Wow ! Another eev user ?! :)

   I will add today at the beginning of my config
   (AnythingConfigThierryVolpiatto.el)
   all what is needed to make it working. ;)

Nice. Thank you.

   At this day with emacs23, all the Sources i wrote in AnythingSources
   are working fine.They are both in my config file and AnythingSources but
   the ones you will find in my config file are more up to date.

   Rubikitch config is really nice but need a lot of extra dependencies
   (some time not compatible for us e.g migemo .. etc..)

Too much dependencies ...

   > One thing I find hard is to find useful extensions. I mean what
   > an extension for abbrev support is useful for in anything context
   > ?
   Yes but not only , i launch nearly everything from Anything actually :)

It would be wonderful if it could do something else. For example,
for buffers, it could be interesting to have the same features
offered in C-x b -ie. mark several buffers, kill multiple
buffers, etc.

Still, you did not answer to my question: what are you doing with
anything and abbrev ? What can it be useful for ?

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org