Re: automatic new-line after 80 columns

From: tyler
Subject: Re: automatic new-line after 80 columns
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:58:45 -0400

Rodrigo Canellas <rodrigo.canellas@tqtvd.com> writes:

> I created a file '/var/tmp/t.cpp'.
> Then when I typed 'C-u 80 C-x f', 'emacs' said 'Fill column set to 80 (was
> 70)'
> And when I typed 'C-u 1 M-x auto-fill-mode', it did not say anything.

You need to customize c-ignore-auto-fill. By default autofill only works
for c comments, but you can change this so that it works in code too.
After doing this you example worked like you wanted it to (you may need
to hit the tab key to get the filling to work after the line break is
added).

Tyler

--
Don't learn the tricks of the trade; learn the trade.