Red text in Emacs 23

From: antonjhohl
Subject: Red text in Emacs 23
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:39:05 -0800 (PST)

I'm running Emacs 23.0.60.1 under EmacsW32 for Windows XP. On a lot of
buffers, the font face turns to red part-way through the buffer. This
can typically be cleared by hitting "page up" or "page down",
restoring the normal font colours.

Is this a feature, or is it likely to be a bug? If the former, how do
I disable it? If the latter, do you know if this is an Emacs issue or
should I report it to the EmacsW32 people?

Thanks,

Anton