W3M with Emacs 21.3 under windows XP

From: kelsogl
Subject: W3M with Emacs 21.3 under windows XP
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:53:11 -0800 (PST)

I am an old emacs (ab)user.  My programming training is limited to a
course in Fortran IV level G back in 1966.  I have downloaded
w3m-0.5.2.tar.gz from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39518&package_id=31682&release_id=512477
and
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/5.0/All/emacs-w3m-1.4.4nb1.tgz.
and have managed to extract the tarballs.  I have been using a
precompiled emacs (GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of
2003-03-27 on buffy) for years and would like to incorporate w3m but
have no idea where to even start.  I have been running from help page
to help page for days and just am not smart enough to make it through
all the acronyms.  Could someone be kind enough to give me a go-by to
help me get my directory structures put together properly and the
appropriate items added to my .emacs file. I am running XP service
pack 3 on a computer that my daughter built for me.  It has an E6750
dual core processor  Thanks in advance.