Re: How does one load a whole Elisp directory?

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: How does one load a whole Elisp directory?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:10:09 -0500

Dan Espen <daneNO@MORE.mk.SPAMtelcordia.com> writes:

> Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

>> I would like to load all the files in those directories so that
>> (presumably) the commands will work in my Emacs.  I am obviously
>> missing something obvious.
>
> You don't load whole directories, but you might need to add
> directories to the variable load-path.  That's normally done for
> you.
>
> Have you altered load-path?

Thank you!  That did the job.  I used to know about load-path, but
forgot about it over the years.  None of us is getting any younger.

%^)
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Imprudent sexual activity completes the life cycles of many  :||
||:  pests.                                                       :||