RE: Binding a key to an ibuffer filter

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Binding a key to an ibuffer filter
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:50:11 -0800

> I'm trying to bind a key to a filter in ibuffer-mode. I created a
> filter to display only C/C++ source files and it works ok manually (I
> can switch to it using ibuffer-switch-to-saved-filter). I also added
> the following code to .emacs:
>
> (defun ibuffer-display-source-files ()
>   (ibuffer-switch-to-saved-filter "c"))
>
> (define-key ibuffer-mode-map [f1] 'ibuffer-display-source-files)
>
> However, when I click F1 in ibuffer I get the following error:
>
> Wrong type argument: commandp, ibuffer-display-source-files
>
> Any idea?

The error message is telling you that `ibuffer-display-source-files' is not a
command. A command in Emacs is a function that has an `interactive' spec. So do
this:

(defun ibuffer-display-source-files ()
  (interactive) ; <==== MISSING
  (ibuffer-switch-to-saved-filter "c"))

Consider also adding a doc string, for your users. ;-)