Re: File error: Cannot open load file, color-theme

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: File error: Cannot open load file, color-theme
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 07:39:25 +0100

Hi,

At Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:21:23 +0530,
Foss User wrote:

> I am a new .emacs user. The first thing I wanted to do was configure a
> color theme. I created a new .emacs file in my home directory and put
> this code in it:
>
> (require 'color-theme)
> (color-theme-initialize)
> (color-theme-robin-hood)
>
> This is the error I get when I try to launch emacs.
>
> File error: Cannot open load file, color-theme
>
> Could someone please help me in resolving this issue?

As you did not provide any information about the os your working on
(something you should always do when asking questions) I assume you
use a Linux distribution. Which one?

It seems as if the linux installation you use misses the
color-theme.el extension. That's what Emacs is complaining
about. Under Debian GNU/Linux and Ubuntu this extensions is part of
the "emacs-goodies-el" package that you need to install in order to
use color-theme.

Regards

  -- David
--