abbrev-expand-functions

From: Leo
Subject: abbrev-expand-functions
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 15:22:46 +0000

Hi there,

I want to include a function in abbrev-expand-functions that does
post-processing the expansion, however I'd like to avoid inserting the
character that triggers it. For example, if <SPC> triggers an abbrev,
that function will be called to process the expansion but <SPC> should
be not be inserted.

But according to the manual, it seems this is only possible by defining
the abbreviation with a 'no-self-insert hook. This is not an option to
me as I want my function to be general for all abbreviations.

Any idea how to get this done?

p.s.

I read the source of expand-abbrev to find out how the hook
work. Unfortunately it is written with lables and lexical-let that I yet
to familiarise myself with.

Thanks,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.