cannot open load file

From: lehe
Subject: cannot open load file
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:59:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I just installed bash debugger bashdb under ${HOME}/bin/bashdb-4.0-0.2/bin.
Now I want to use it in emacs.

As bashdb.el indicates, I add into .emacs "(autoload 'bashdb "bashdb" "BASH
Debugger mode via GUD and bashdb" t)". However I got this "cannot open load
file: bashdb" error when "M-x bashdb". The error remains when I add this to
".emacs":
(setq load-path
      (append (list nil "${HOME}/bin/bashdb-4.0-0.2/bin/"
                    "/user/bil/emacs"
                    "/usr/local/lisplib"
                    "~/emacs")
              load-path))
I am not sure if PATH also has effect, but I include bashdb path into it.

Thanks in advance!