question regarding to 2 features of Emacs

From: Jidi Sun
Subject: question regarding to 2 features of Emacs
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:02:03 +1300

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a new user of Emacs, currently I am using it to do Common Lisp programming. On the internet I saw pictures of Emacs with different colors shown for different parts of function, also it is able to start with some spaces from left margin once press Enter key within a function. The Emacs version I am using is 21.4.1, but it does not have either of above features with it. I am wondering if I need to type some commands or change some options to get these two features working.

Thank you for your help,

Jidi Sun