what are <remap> and <switch-to-buffer>

From: Santanu
Subject: what are <remap> and <switch-to-buffer>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 02:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

>From a recent post in this newsgroup, I came to know about the
ido-mode. I still don't know much about this, but while exploring,
I gave the command 'M-x ido-switch-buffer'. In the minibuffer, emacs
told me
"You can run the command ido-switch-buffer with <remap> <switch-to-
buffer>"
Now, I know about M(Meta), C(Control), S(Shift). But what is <remap>
and
<switch-to-buffer> ?

I know this might be too obvious to most (all?) of you, but could you
please give me a hint... I am just too lazy to go through the
whole manual searching for this right now :-)

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee