Re: what are <remap> and <switch-to-buffer>

From: Santanu
Subject: Re: what are <remap> and <switch-to-buffer>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 15, 2:47 pm, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
replied:
> You can know what keys a command is bound to with C-h w

Thanks. Didn't know about that.

> However, when I do C-h w find-file RET it says:
> find-file is on <open>, C-x C-f, <menu-bar> <file> <new-file>

Yes, I was wondering about keys like these <open>, <remap>, etc.
that emacs talk about sometimes.

> I'd guess that the <open> key is what happens when you click on the
> open button in the tool-bar.

When I click on the open button in the tool bar, the minibuffer shows
'tool-bar open-file'.

Talking about these peculiar (to me) 'keys', I was wondering if there
are
some keyboards that have keys like <open>, etc.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee