Re: ediff: replace refined differences

From: Martin
Subject: Re: ediff: replace refined differences
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:06:41 +0100

Martin Rubey <axiomize@yahoo.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I love ediff.  I'd love it even better, if there was a way to copy
> refined differences selectively:
>
> currently, ediff lets me copy a difference region from one buffer to
> the other by pressing a or b.
>
> Frequently, I do not want to have the whole difference region copied,
> but only parts of it.  Is there a nice way to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Hi,

did you look at

  ediff-regions-wordwise              <menu-bar> <tools> <compare>
<ediff-regions-wordwise>
     Run Ediff on a pair of regions in specified buffers.
  ediff-windows-wordwise              <menu-bar> <tools> <compare>
<ediff-windows-wordwise>
     Compare WIND-A and WIND-B, which are selected by clicking, wordwise.

already ?

Martin
--
parozusa at web de