Re: Nice Emacs Lisp

From: Mike Mattie
Subject: Re: Nice Emacs Lisp
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:31:16 -0700

I use this in Grail:

;;----------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Host specific adaptation
;;
;; each host system has a site file that normalizes the platform
;; and extends the library search space for extra libraries it
;; manages.
;;
;; these files and platform specific customization are loaded by
;; platform here.
;;----------------------------------------------------------------------
(load-user-elisp
   (cond
     ((string-equal "gnu/linux" system-type)  "linux.el")
     ((string-equal "darwin"    system-type)  "darwin.el")
     ((string-equal "windows"   system-type)  "windows.el")))

note that load-user-elisp is a function of my own. You can substitute
that with (load) and a full path to the files.

I think the file approach is the cleanest, as it clearly separates
the logic of adapting to the platform from the platform code
itself which can become quite long, and more prone to simple
parentheses nesting errors when placed inside a form.

--
GnuPG Key: B9012279 is available from HKP server pgp.mit.edu