Re: Nice Emacs Lisp

From: rustom
Subject: Re: Nice Emacs Lisp
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 19, 8:33 pm, "Drew Adams" <drew.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:

> FWIW - I like (and recommend) using `custom-file' and keeping Customize stuff
> out of the `init-file'. I load `custom-file' as the very last thing in my init
> file. (YMMV.)

The customization business is major irritation for me.

Of course I use a separated custom-file so that it does not throw crud
into my init.

It would be so nice-n-simple if we could set an option -- something
like use-.emacs-dir (as against single-file-.emacs.  Using this option
would make each customization group go into a separate file
in .emacs.d. Then that file could have a custom-set-variable along
with anything else related to that mode/group.