Re: intranet blogging from emacs

From: rustom
Subject: Re: intranet blogging from emacs
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 21, 7:14 pm, Jim Burton <j...@sdf-eu.org> wrote:
> There are several blogging modes, referred to
> herehttp://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode, presuming you have a
> server on which to install one of the apps that these modes work with. I
> find posting to my wordpress site from emacs-w3m preferable to any of
> these though.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but whats w3m and emacs-w3m?
I tried googling and looking around the emacswiki but cant make sense
of what it is or is supposed to do.

> Everything works (i.e. no javascript required) and of
> course then I can not only post but do any admin stuff on the site. It's
> a bit slow, due to the server and wp, but it's OK. wp is very easy to
> set up, can't comment on any other.

I am guessing that the setup you are recommending is like this:
Setup WP on the (blog) server and emacs-w3m on the desktops that will
push to it. Right?