Re: IMAP with Rmail

From: Jim Burton
Subject: Re: IMAP with Rmail
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:55:30 +0000

Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:

> Few days ago, i tried to enable IMAP with Rmail, Emacs's default
> mailer. But Rmail seems not to offer IMAP yet. Is there anyone to use
> IMAP with Rmail. Futhermore, am i connect on Gmail's IMAP with Rmail? If
> it is possible, once i am willing to try to use Rmail because i believe
> real emacs hacker prefer Rmail to the others.

I haven't used Rmail myself (no surprise, since I am not a "real emacs
hacker") but Gnus and Wanderlust both do IMAP, handle all mailbox
formats, and are easy to set up with gmail. Personally, I found Gnus to
be slow with IMAP mailboxes and have stuck with wl.

AFAIK it's likely to be much harder to set this up with Rmail. If you
can live with the diminished kudos, give one of them a try.

--
Jim Burton
jb162@brighton.ac.uk