can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs?

From: tukuniata
Subject: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

hi, everybody first of all i m new in emacs i have been reading so many tutorial about emacs but i m not finding a solution to my problem. i m running my emacs in windows xp as i plugin to cygwin. i would like to know if emacs can help me to write this finnish character ' ä', 'ö', 'å', with my american keyboard. if it is possible how can do? thanks for your help.