Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:29:01 +0100

Hi,

tukuniata <tukuniata@live.com> writes:

> hi, everybody
> first of all i m new in emacs i have been reading so many tutorial about
> emacs but i m not finding a solution to my problem. i m running my emacs in
> windows xp as i plugin to cygwin

I don't know nothing about Windows and Cygwin, but isn't a
Compose-key-like thing available like it is in X-Windows?  I use it all
the time.

> i would like to know if emacs can help me to write this finnish
> character ' ä', 'ö', 'å', with my american keyboard.  if it is
> possible how can do?

Using the compose key you would just type Compose+" followed by an 'a'
to get an A DIARESIS.  I enable it using
keycode 109 = Multi_key
in my .Xmodmap.

But again: I really can't tell whether this is applicable on the windows
platform.

Cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)