Re: Emacsw32 on Linux

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Re: Emacsw32 on Linux
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:11:42 +0100

"B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net> writes:

> Here is the Xmodmap I got to work on fedora core 8.
Thanks, I will use it as a last resort. I am, however, more interested
in a "local" Emacs solution. That is, meta /is/ win-key, not win-key
becomes alt-key. In Aquamacs and EmacsW32 it is possible to alter the
meta key. Surely it most be possible  on a Linux system too.

In general I am happy with my keyboard layout, however, I would like to
use abbrev-mode. Thus, alt need not be meta.

>  '(pc-selection-mode t nil (pc-select))
>  '(delete-selection-mode t nil (delsel))
>  '(transient-mark-mode t)

Thanks for the tip. As I understand this will not yield C-c, C-x, C-v
etc. Is it not just about looks and functionality?

> Then you don't have to mess with the Emacs way.
I don't mind the Emacs way but old habits are hard to lay off.

Again,
Thanks!

--Rasmus