Re: elisp's cl package. Don't understand the notice about eval-when-comp

From: Leo
Subject: Re: elisp's cl package. Don't understand the notice about eval-when-compile
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:09:34 +0000

On 2009-03-26 15:09 +0000, Samuel Wales wrote:
> Has the inclusion of cl.el caused big problems for anybody? For most
> things, experienced people seem to use a personal prefix.

No, I don't think the problem lies in cl.el; it is more a political
decision or RMS personal preference.

> If Emacs Lisp has been adopting cl.el for many years, why not fast
>forward?
>
> Package developers and experienced users seem to use it a lot.  It is
> not just for people who come from CL.

Many people have argued for this. Nobody can bend RMS's will. For this,
I rather have XEmacs around, which is welcoming innovations.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

               www.git-scm.com
    git - the one true version control system