Re: Delete acting as backspace

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Delete acting as backspace
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:22:10 +0200

Alberto Simões <hashashin@gmail.com> writes:
> In my recently compiled emacs (MacOS / NS) when I use Function +
> Backspace (the usual way to perform delete), emacs interprets it as a
> standard backspace.
> I did not find any configuration detail under NS customization pane,
> but I can have missed it.

You don't say whether you're using emacs thru a terminal, thru X, or
thru Aqua.  The handling of the keyboard depends on the kind of
terminal you use, not on emacs.

However, you can configure emacs to react differently from keyboard
events.  You may use M-x normal-erase-is-backspace-mode RET to toggle
the Erase and Delete mode of the Backspace and Delete keys.

But of course it would be better to configure your terminal correctly
in the first place.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__