Re: nOOb question: configuring number of windows at startup

From: Nurullah Akkaya
Subject: Re: nOOb question: configuring number of windows at startup
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 02:52:55 +0300

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:27 AM, <luca.pamparana@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am just moving over to emacs and want to use ot for all my C++
development. I want to configure the start screen so that I get two
vertical buffers and a single terminal window at the bottom of my
screen.

So, something like:

code window| code window
   terminal window

Is it possible to specify this in the .emacs file, so that the default
emacs opens with this setup?

Many thanks,

Luca

Hi,

add following code to your .emacs

(defun na-setup-frame ()
  "setup frame"
  (interactive)
  ;;divide vertically upper gets 35 lines
  (split-window-vertically  35 )
  (split-window-horizontally)

  ;;assuming you cursor is in top left window
  (other-window 2)
  ;;will skip to terminal window
  ;;run terminal
  (term "/bin/bash")
  ;;move back to first frame
  (other-window 1))
(na-setup-frame)

you can also call this function using M-x na-setup-frame

regards..
--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com