Re: elisp's cl package. Don't understand the notice about eval-when-comp

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: elisp's cl package. Don't understand the notice about eval-when-compile
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:50:52 +0200

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

> non-free, is misleading term for proprietary software.

> software is “free”, in the sense that coder community can freely look
> at the source code and make use of it. That sense of “free” is a point
> of view.

Speech is almost always subjective.  That doesn't make it inappropriate.
This isn't an encyclopedia.  We don't have to remain neutral and put
everything in quotation marks when we touch political topics.

And, as tempting as that might be, we don't have to call each other out
on our opinions at every opportunity.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher