Re: hi

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: hi
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:40:25 -0700

On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:55 PM, timur yildiz wrote:

I'm having a hard time installing emacs on my mac osx computer. I have downloaded a few files called emacs-21.4a.tar emacs-22.1.tar and emacs-22.2.tar but I can't seem to bring up a text editor or install anything I followed the download link off cprogrammintgools.com is there any other thing I should do?

See http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForMacOS

I'd recommend either Carbon Emacs, Aquamacs, or my nightly CVS builds:
http://atomized.org/wp-content/cocoa-emacs-nightly/

They’re all OS X-friendly, drag-and-drop installs.

 - Ian