Question about mapping Control and Meta keys to mouse buttons

From: Gray Calhoun
Subject: Question about mapping Control and Meta keys to mouse buttons
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:29:13 -0700

Hi,
I'd like to map the control key and the meta key to mouse buttons 1 and 3 -- I'm working on a laptop and the mouse buttons are conveniently located under my thumbs. Ideally, I'd move the mouse buttons to the keyboard, but I'm not concerned if I lose the mouse's functionality entirely. Is it possible to do this within emacs, or does it need to happen outside of emacs? I'm using version 22.2.1 in Debian, if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
--Gray