Re: code markup in muse-mode

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: code markup in muse-mode
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:08:46 +0200

Matt,

Matt Price wrote:
> Fabrice Niessen wrote:
>>> i'm using muse mode via blog.el to publish to my wordpress blog. i'd like
>>> to have sections in 'code markup'.
>>
>> Have a look at my site (currently completely done in Muse) to see if it
>> fulfills your needs.
>>
>> In particular, check out http://www.mygooglest.com/fni/site-map.html#sec2.
>
> fabrice, that looks great! and it's more than I was hoping for. next
> question: when you're writing an entry, what command do you use to tell
> htmlize what language you're writing in? so for instance, if I've pasted a
> snippet of xorg.conf into my muse buffer, how does htmlize know that this
> little snippet is in conf-mode? Or if I have 3 or 4 lines of bash commands,
> what do I tell htmlize to do?

Somes real-life examples:

<src lang="sh">
sudo aptitude install firestarter
</src>

<include file="~/.emacs" markup="src" lang="emacs-lisp">

<src lang="shell-script">
whereis port
cd /usr/ports/<some-path>/port
make
cd work/port
make [-n] install [PREFIX=/usr/local/stow/port]
</src>

<src lang="emacs-lisp">
;; override output type `inline-css' used for htmlizing a region
(defun htmlize-region-for-paste (beg end)
  "Htmlize the region and return just the HTML as a string.
This forces the `css' style and only returns the HTML body, but
without the BODY tag. This should make it useful for inserting
the text to another HTML buffer."
  (let* ((htmlize-output-type 'css)  ; was `inline-css'
         (htmlbuf (htmlize-region beg end)))
    (unwind-protect
        (with-current-buffer htmlbuf
          (buffer-substring (plist-get htmlize-buffer-places 'content-start)
                            (plist-get htmlize-buffer-places 'content-end)))
      (kill-buffer htmlbuf))))
</src>

See for more info in the manual.

Fabrice