Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: emacs 23 gdb mouse set breakpoint
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:30:15 +1200

 > So you think it's because of different GDB version? But I also run
 > carbon emacs, which is emacs 22.3, on my mac, and I've been using it
 > for quite a long time, everything seems to be alright on that one.
 > Since the two are using the same gdb on the same machine, I assume it
 > should be something to do with emacs 23 cvs for Mac.

No I'm just saying that, on Mac OSX, the repository version of FSF Gdb appears
work with the repository version of Emacs.  This version of Emacs is built with
Cocoa, although I don't know what that means in practice.  I think if you
find a way to filter out the ^M characters in the output of Gdb, then
breakpoints
will also work in the margin.  That presumably has something to do with the way
Cocoa Emacs interprets line endings.