Unicode setup under Mac OS X (Was: Re: Setting Emacs geometry (MacOS / N

From: William Xu
Subject: Unicode setup under Mac OS X (Was: Re: Setting Emacs geometry (MacOS / NS))
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 22:37:54 +0800

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> BTW, mac has the best support for unicode; even the Terminal.app can
> display any unicode characters. If anybody has any idea on how to set up
> Emacs to match Terminal.app's unicode support, please let me know.

Do you mean how to setup fontset fonts for different charsets?

I use the following to setup CJK fonts:

   (setq xwl-default-font "Monaco-14"
         xwl-chinese-font "Hei"
         xwl-japanese-font "Hiragino_Kaku_Gothic_ProN"))

    (let ((charset-font `((japanese-jisx0208   . ,xwl-japanese-font)
                          (chinese-gb2312      . ,xwl-chinese-font)
                          (chinese-gbk         . ,xwl-chinese-font)
                          (gb18030             . ,xwl-chinese-font)
                          ;; (big5             . "Hei")
                          (japanese-jisx0208   . ,xwl-japanese-font)
                          ;; (japanese-jisx0212 . ,xwl-japanese-font)
                          )))
      (set-default-font xwl-default-font)
      (mapc (lambda (charset-font)
              (set-fontset-font (frame-parameter nil 'font)
                                (car charset-font)
                                (font-spec :family (cdr charset-font) :size
14)))
            charset-font))

--
William