Re: How To Print To Printer GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: How To Print To Printer GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-03-26 on RELEASE
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:57:11 -0500

ChristopherL wrote:
On Apr 8, 11:38 am, ChristopherL <clusard...@aol.com> wrote:
I downloaded the two files to the right place (.emacs found it),
changed .emacs to refer to hfyview as above, and within Emacs
customized variable printer-name to both default and what I got from
(Start, Printer and Faxes, Properties, General Tab).

When I open a file, I temporarily get another window before my window
displays the requested file.
I put hfyview.el and htmlfontify.el in C:\Program Files
\emacs-22.2\emacs-22.2\lisp\emacs-lisp. Both files are read/writeable.

I have these in \emacs\lisp but they can go in any subdirectory in load-path, most appropriately in \emacs\site-lisp if you want to keep ...\lisp pristine.

In the temporary window, among other things it says:

An error has occurred while loading 'c:/Documents and Settings/...

File error: Cannot open load file, hfyview

Chris

Maybe your installation is hosed. runemacs.exe is at least one subdirectory lower than it has to be since there is a stutter on .../emacs-22.2/emacs-22.2... Did you run addpm.exe? Is Emacs listed as a removable program in Control Panel Add Remove Programs? Does Control-h v load-path include the subdir where you put Lennart's files? If you have to reinstall Emacs I would recommend you get the 22.3 binararies and put them in C:/emacs (that is, unzip it directly into the root C:\ and afterwards change the name of emacs-22.3 to emacs. If you want to do anything from command window (used to be dos shell) then it's better not to have everything deeply buried in the file hierarchy. Also, it's better for windows not to know any more about Emacs than it needs to. Then when you are ready to upgrade to 23.1 you can temporarily change "emacs" to whatever the top level unzip target is and install the new Emacs on top of the old one.