longlines mode mangles auto-save restores?

From: John Withers
Subject: longlines mode mangles auto-save restores?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 11:31:29 -0700

I use longlines.el for almost all of my non-code work, including org
mode. It does what I need and makes me happy the problem I run into tho
is that when files are autosaved and then restored, they come out
without any returns in them and in states of great unusability and
ugliness. I am fairly sure this is a result of longlines interacting
with autosave (although I could be wrong)

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to make longlines and autosave work
and play well together?

Thanks.